The United Reformed Church stands in the reformed tradition of Christian faith, believes in one God, Creator, Son and Holy Spirit;
- finds the supreme authority for faith and conduct by the guidance of the Spirit in the Word of God in the Bible;
- looks to be continually renewed and reformed so as to fulfil its mission of witness and service in the name of Jesus Christ;
- practices both infant and believer’s baptism and celebrates the Lord’s Supper;
- recognises the ministry of God’s people: all members serving in the world and through the church, in particular ministers of Word and Sacraments, Elders, Church Related Community Workers and Lay Preachers;
- We are committed to exploring the faith as faith for the 21st Century. We are relaxed about challenging many of the traditional assumptions made about Christian faith, we take explore the faith to be a journey in which each can engage and affirm the struggle to live in unity with a variety of views and insights about God.